Please make sure you know the date for your revalidation. At Ariel Healthcare, we understand that the process of revalidation may appear to be a daunting task for most nurses, we take a keen interest in your personal and professional progress and as a result we will use appropriate means to support you as necessary, such as regular appraisals and yearly mandatory training.
The new requirements will encourage nurses to keep up to date with CPD, to engage with other nurses in professional discussions and also encourage reflection on the New Code.
The requirements for nurse revalidation are:
- 450 practice hours or 900 if revalidating as both a nurse and midwife
- 35 hours CPD including 20 hours participatory learning
- Five pieces of practice related feedback
- Five written reflective accounts
- Reflective discussion
- Health and character declaration
- Professional indemnity arrangements
The NMC recommends that that you keep a record of the above by creating your own portfolio.